Geraldton wax salsa
- 1 tsp geraldton wax (buy here)
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 shallot, ends sliced
- 1 inch ginger, sliced
- 2 bullet chilli, diced
- 1 tbs mirin
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- firm tofu 450g
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Place all the geraldton wax salsa ingredients into a bowl and give it a good stir. Season to taste and place aside.
- Cut your block of tofu into 2cm slices and use a paper towel to pat them dry. Lightly dust both sides of the tofu with a flour of your choice.
- In a frying pan on medium to high heat, add a good dousing of oil then place your tofu slices in small batches. Fry for around 3 minutes on each side or until you see the edges brown. Once you have cooked both sides, place them onto your serving dish.
- When all your tofu is cooked, place your salsa on top and serve hot.
This is an easy 20 minute entree that you can put together quickly for a special dinner party. You can change the tofu out for any type of meat as well, or use the salsa for tacos! The hot crispy tofu goes perfectly with our cold zingy sweet salsa!