- 2 tsp lemon myrtle (buy here)
- 60 mls olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 80g butter cubed
- 4 sprigs thyme
- half bunch of parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tbs flour
- 1 onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 210°C. In a bowl mix together the marinade ingredients: lemon myrtle, oil, lemon, apple cider, salt and pepper. (save the lemon wedges)
- To prepare the chicken, place the chicken in a roasting tray and add the cubed butter and garlic slices in between the flesh of the breast and the skin. This will add a heap of flavours and help crisp the top of the chicken. Add your thyme into the hole of the chicken as well as the left over lemon wedges.
- Bake between an hour and an hour 20 or until the chicken is cooked through. Scatter with parsley and let sit.
- To make the gravy, pour the juices from the roast pan into a saucepan and add the onion and 1/4 cup of water and bring to a simmer. Slowly add in the flour, mixing as you go to avoid lumps, keep simmering until it thickens. Serve with your chicken and a side of roast vegatables.