- 1/2 cup macadamias
- 1/2 tsp ground lemon myrtle (buy here)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon myrtle
- 1 rack of lamb french trimmed (4 cutlets per person)
- 1/4 lemon, juiced
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- herb salt (I use Outback Spirit as it contains native herbs)
Quandong chilli jam
- 3cm ginger diced
- 2 x red chilli finely cut (remove seeds if too hot)
- 2 x apricot cut into chunks remove seed
- 8 x dried quandong halves (buy here)
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Place the lemon, thyme, salt, macadamia nuts, lemon and cinnamon myrtle into a blender and blend into a dust
- To prepare the rack place it on a baking tray and rub with oil and then press the crumb up against the rack so it sticks. Try not to move it too much so it doesn't fall off and place aside
- In a saucepan on a medium heat cook the ginger and chilli in some oil until it starts to soften, then add the apricot and then cook for a further minute
- Add in the quandongs, 150mls of water, sugar, lemon and salt to taste.
- Turn the heat down to a simmer and cook until the apricot has fallen apart and the jam has thicken. Take the saucepan off the heat, it should continue to thicken as it cools.
- Place the rack of lamb into the oven and cook for 15 minutes for medium pink lamb... delicious!! Serve with the jam and roasted veg.