- half kilo green prawns, peeled
- 1 red onion, cut into chucks
- 1 mango, cut into chunks
- 1 large capsicum, cut into chunks
- 1 tbs quandong powder (buy here)
- 1 tbs native lemon glass (buy here)
- 1 chilli, thinly diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 tbs olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- To start mix all the ingredients of the marinade in a large bowl until well combined. Then add the rest of the ingredients coating them all throughly.
- Now start to make your skewers, place on your skewer mango, onion, capsicum and then a prawn, keep layering until the skewer in full. (Roughly three prawns per skewer)
- Then on high heat, evenly spread your skewers on your BBQ or grill plate, there should be enough oil in the marinade to make sure they don't stick. After 3-4 minutes or until the prawns turn fully red turn the skewers to cook the other side for the same amount of time.
This is the perfect native starter for your Christmas lunch. The sweetness of the quandong powder works well with the freshness of the mango and the native lemon grass adds a more sherbet taste than the traditional lemongrass and it takes it to ANOTHER level. Now ready to serve as your Christmas starter! Makes 6 skewers.