- pavlova base
- 2 tsp strawberry gum (buy here)
- 1 tsp wattleseed extract (buy here)
- 1 tbs dried quandongs (buy here)
- 1 tbs dried muntries (buy here)
- 1 tbs dried river mint
- 300ml thickened cream
- 150ml water
- 100g caster sugar
- 300g berries of your choice
- In a saucepan, place the strawberry gum, water, and caster sugar before bringing it to a simmer, making sure the sugar dissolves.
- Strain the syrup, removing the strawberry gum leaves before putting it back on the heat. Add in the quandongs and muntries and simmer for a further 5 minutes, rehydrating the fruit.
- In a bowl, whisk the thickened cream until it holds its own shape. Fold in the wattleseed extract.
- To construct, spread the cream evenly on top, add the berries and then pour the fruit and the syrup on top. Dust with river mint before serving.