- 1 tbs peppermint gum, ground (buy here)
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1/3 cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 200g butter
- 2 tbs milk
- 160g Copha
- 300g dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 20cm x 30cm pan and line with baking paper.
- Sift flour, cocoa and 1/2 cup icing sugar into a mixing bowl. Add butter and stir to combine and then press the mixture into a pan. Bake for 15 minutes before letting it cool completely before you move onto the next step.
- When the base is cool, pour milk, 80g Copha, peppermint gum leaves and remaining 2 cups of icing sugar into a saucepan over low heat. Continually stir until melted and smooth. Working very quickly, sift the peppermint gum mixture into a bowl removing the larger peppermint gum leaves and pour it over the slice base before spreading it evenly. Place in the refrigerator for an hour to set.
- Place the dark chocolate in a microwave proof bowl and melt in the microwave, stopping every 30 seconds to stir until melted. Pour the chocolate evenly over the peppermint gum mixture and refrigerate until completely set.
Perfect bushfood treat to enjoy with your afternoon cuppa.